This is my blog of skirts. My journey, my thoughts, femininity, masculinity, quirks, embarrassments, accomplishments; all centered around the idea of skirts and the role of women.




Monday, March 8, 2010

drying crinkle skirts




Step 1: Hang it on a clip hanger and slide the clips to one end of the hanger so the skirt is scrunched together.



Step 2: Use 3 wide cloth stretchy headbands* to hold the skirt in a scrunched position. Slide them on, twisting 2 times, like you would a ponytail on your hair. Once the first one is on, stretch it open, so the skirt will not dry with creases from the headbands. If you leave the head band in one spot you will get a mark (like you would on your hair if you wear a pony tail all day and them wear your hair down).  I do one band on the top portions of the skirt and one on the bottom.

*This photo shows 5 ribbons, but I like using 3 wide headbands better to prevent the marks and it is just easier than tying all the ribbons.


Step 3: Gently squeeze the skirt and slide your hand down all the way to the bottom. At the bottom make sure you are pulling it nice and straight so that when you remove the headbands, the bottom won't be flaring out when you wear it.


Step 4: Leave your skirts hanging like this for about 36 hours. After a day and a half, I take off the head bands, but I leave it to continue drying the rest of the day. Once it is completely dry, I put the headbands back on as I did in Step 2 and then I hang it in my closet, exactly as it is in the pictures.


When I wear my skirts, the crinkles stay in and I always get lots of compliments when I wear both of these skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment