This is my blog of skirts. My journey, my thoughts, femininity, masculinity, quirks, embarrassments, accomplishments; all centered around the idea of skirts and the role of women.




Thursday, January 7, 2010

Men have stopped wearing THE pants!

I couldn't believe it when I read it. Below is the manifesto on the website of www.dockers.com


I am so amazed that a company would take such a stand for MANHOOD! Maybe if more women would stop trying to wear THE pants, men would step up an be our heros once again!




Dockers Manifesto
"Once Upon a time, men wore pants, and wore them well. Women rarely had to open doors and little old ladies never crossed the street alone. men took charge because that's what they did. But, somewhere along the way, the world decided it no longer needed men. Disco by disco, latte by foam non-fat latte, men were stripped of thier khakis and left stranded on the road between boyhood and androgyny. But today, there are questions our renderless society has not answers for. The world sits idly by as cities crumble, children misbehave and those little old ladies remain on the side of the street. For the first time since bad guys, we need heroes. We need grown ups. We need men to put down the plastic fork, step away from the slad bar and untie the world from the tracks of complacency. It's time to get your hands diry. It's time to answer the call of manhood. It's time to wear THE pants."


One of our favorite all-time cowboy films is Angel and The Badman. When I read this manifesto I immediately thought of John Wayne. Most of his movies had beautiful supporting actresses. I love their dresses!

Another favorite cowboy film is The Big Country. I loved this movie. I found myself hoping that Jame McKay (Gregory Peck) would NOT marry the girl who wanted to wear THE pants. I was on the edge of my seat rooting for for him to marry the lady who was truly going to be his helper-completer.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting post.I think that you are speaking out on a subject that those of us who have experienced both 'skirt only' years and 'mostly pants' years, have a sense of 'knowing' the difference, while ignoring it.

    I have many thoughts on this subject, and it is all because it DOES make a difference what we women wear.

    ReplyDelete